Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Philosophical Statement

Discipline: The Key to Success
Reynard Tubid


“Discipline is needed to perform the tasks to be done, applying the best that it can be done and incessantly doing it all the time.”


When I was a young boy I had no capacity to determine things wisely for myself. My parents would usually exercise their power to mandate whatever they want me to do. Due to the fact that I am their son and they are my parents, I have no right to resist. Sometimes they had to use their authority with force. But now, since I am a college student and getting matured I am capable of discerning what is good for myself. It is the time already to apply the necessary force for myself just what my parents did to me. In accord to this, I could apply discipline as an essential element of life. I do believe this type of philosophy in life will bring me closer into the pedestal of success. Discipline is very important in my life because it is the ability to get myself and take the action regardless of my emotional state. Without discipline the intention and aim I had won’t be manifested. The peak of discipline is when I reach the point that when I make a conscious decision; it’s virtually guaranteed I’ll follow through it. The mission I want to practice in life aims to imbibe discipline as the foundation of one’s life towards a productive and successful future. If I want to become a priest later on, self- discipline is very much emphasized. I need to have focus in making decisions and eventually follow it, no matter how difficult it is. If I want something to be done, I must apply my best in doing it using my utmost force in order to reach the desirable and beneficial result. When the positive result surfaced closely to my aim and objective, I will do it all the time. Perseverance, determination and struggle are the key virtues needed to support the balance of my goal. The seminary formation emphasizes discipline as the core value that a seminarian must posses. Since I aim to become a person equipped with intellect it is proper if I start it intrinsically within myself, knowing what are my potentials and how I could positively respond to the call of formation. Though the demands of the formation become intricate in some aspects, it prepares me also to become a competitive candidate to the priesthood. If I become a priest my education does not stop in here, rather it continues until it becomes a sufficient weapon to answer life’s tremendous questions. Even if there a lot of hurdles along the way, still I remain resilient and dedicated in doing my share when it has to be done, extending my effort to the best I can do it and do the positive result all the time. As a seminarian, I envision discipline to be my point of reference and primary attitude to reach my beneficial goals and to achieve a well-prepared tomorrow. I firmly believe the more I dig into the difficulties of life, the stronger I become in the future. It takes success to gain success. Self-discipline in particular motivates me to tackle challenges that I can successfully accomplish but which are near my limit. This doesn’t mean trying something and failing at it everyday, or does it mean staying within my comfort zone. I could wean myself of being dependent with what I have and can do by not taking things haphazardly. I must start with the challenges that are within my current ability. Once I achieve the initial success, I endure the challenges. It prompts me to increase the level of challenges. Since I conditioned myself in doing this attitudinal virtue, I completely moved into the next of life. My life becomes meaningful if it has a goal to attain. My life is always rooted in my capacity to exert effort in every endeavor I had. In fulfilling that effort I need to be more realistic and creative, not only in making decisions but also in targeting the output of my goal. As a student, I need to become keen and careful enough in decision making. Even though I am not certain if I could fulfill all of these. However, I do believe that the career I choose in life will bear fruit if I intentionally and willfully integrate discipline to perform the tasks to be done, applying the best that it could be done, and incessantly doing it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment